The Flett Glacier for the 18 Year Link Up

Home Forums Trip Reports The Flett Glacier for the 18 Year Link Up

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

This past September 28th, 2020, was the day to take a walk for a hopeful fresh patch of snow. If I could make this goal happen, I would have linked up 18 years of skiing at least one day in every month. I have almost let my “silly streak go multiple times over the years, waiting to the last day of the month and the weather would to be typical windy and wet Fall conditions (walking in rain to Pan Dome, then 30 mile per hour sideways snow to cool you off).

The week prior to this years September deadline, I’d received a call from my snosk8n’ friend, Brian Wilson, wanting to get some riding in as well. On a side note about my brotha, Brian. We met back in 2005 ish and I remember him ditching the snowboard to be strapless since 2006 (I believe). A few years back we made our first journey up to the Paradise patch, to aid in his first year of riding his snowskate at least one day in every month. This trip just happened to take place 2 months after suffering a heart attack, while in the middle of a MOSH pit. He received two stints, changed his lifestyle, and got the green light to march up the mountain with me and another snowsk8er, Brayden. Anyway, back to the recent trip. I suggested taking the epic walk up to the Flett Glacier via Mowhich Lake. Letting him know we might hit it perfectly with a little fresh to fill in the “double D” sun cups. Letting him know he would absolutely love the walk. Which he and my Southern Mountain Belle, Doc, enjoyed thoroughly.

We did luck out and the Flett was super smooth, 2 day old, baked pow, that seemed to be groomed to perfection by the Snow Gods. As we hiked up through Spray Park, the decision was made to call our posse the “Community with Unity”, due to all of us having different views of how we would enjoy the frozen gift. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.