Black Diamond, Inc announced today that – on behalf of its subsidiary brands, Black Diamond, PIEPS and POC -it is issuing a voluntary recall for all JetForce avalanche airbags in order to carry out a required firmware update. Their recall notice states that in a limited number of cases, system malfunctions have resulted in involuntary shutdown and/or failure to deploy. These malfunctions can be resolved by a firmware update at their global service centers. There have been no accidents or injuries resulting from these malfunctions. This firmware update, and the shipping to and from service centers, will be done at no cost to customers. All users and retailers of first generation Black Diamond, PIEPS and POC JetForce Avalanche Airbag packs should immediately stop using and return their pack(s) using the link below.
SUBMIT A JETFORCE RECALL REQUEST
How To Identify Affected Units
All JetForce Avalanche Airbag Packs sold between November 15, 2014 and July 7, 2015 should be returned to one of their global service centers. These units can be identified by a manufacturing date code printed on a label located inside the front pocket. Units bearing date codes from 4275 to 5077 are subject to this recall. The affected units were sold under the following model names:
- Black Diamond Pilot 11 JetForce Pack
- Black Diamond Halo 28 JetForce Pack
- Black Diamond Saga 40 JetForce Pack
- PIEPS JetForce Tour Rider 24
- PIEPS JetForce Tour Pro 34
- POC Thorax 11 Backpack
Recall Return Procedure
Please follow these steps to complete a recall:
- Click here to initiate a return.
- Follow the instructions provided to return your pack to one of their service centers, using the provided pre-paid shipping label.
- Your JetForce pack will be inspected, the firmware updated, and the pack tested to ensure proper function of the system. Black Diamond will then return the pack to you at no cost.
When updates are complete, you will receive a shipping confirmation and tracking number for the return shipment of your JetForce Avalanche Airbag pack.
For additional information, see FAQ below, or contact Black Diamond directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-775-5552.
JETFORCE RECALL FAQ